I received an e-mail from a reader, asking me for tips on how to look for a good real estate broker. He told me he wants to sell his residential lot and also his beach house and therefore, he is looking for a broker to make selling easy and fast for him because he needs the money.
When you look for a real estate broker, first, you must inquire if he has a license from the Professional Regulation Commission (PRC), because there are many people today who act as real estate brokers, but in fact, they are not licensed to do so.
They are the colorum brokers engaged in illegal practice of real estate brokering, in violation of the Real Estate Service Act of 2009, which penalizes the illegal practice of realty brokerage with an imprisonment and fine, when convicted.
As such, I suggest you inquire from the local real estate boards in your province and ask for referrals from the Philippine Association of Real Estate Boards, Inc. (PAREB).
In looking for a real estate broker, here are the qualities that you must consider:
1. Honesty. Being honest in every transaction so that you can ensure that your interest are fully protected, honesty being still the best policy.
2. Friendly. Having a pleasant disposition, together with easygoing temperament so that you can relate to him/her and be at ease.
3. Creative. Being adaptable to situations and can find new linkages so that he can sell your property easily, or can find a property that you need to buy to suit your preferences.
4. Reliability. Can be depended upon, so that you can trust him/her to keep his word, since a broker-client relationship is based on trust and confidence.
5. Empathy. Can involve himself in your problem related to real estate transactions and can understand your situation.
6. Industrious. Having an eager attitude to do and to find buyers (or sellers) of your property, the effort to follow-ups, and to conclude the transaction.
7. Intelligence. Can recognize all the facts and problems related to every realty transaction and can find ways and means to achieve the objectives for your benefit.
8. Tact. Having the ability to recognize delicate situations, disagree without being disagreeable, and to act depending on the situation to achieve the objectives of realty transactions, for your benefit.
So, the next time you look for a real estate broker, you may need to remember the foregoing tips to protect your rights and property.
In addition, if you need licensed real estate brokers to sell your property in Bacolod City, you can visit E. Gatanela Realty Co., with office at Suite 4, 2nd Floor, LD Centre 7th – Lacson Streets, Bacolod City, with Tel. / Fax No. (034) 468-0314.